The Kim Group News
- 9/1/2020: Welcome all new graduate students. Mai Sakuragi, Marcel Robitaille, Anya Houk and Zidong Xie!
- 4/1/2020: Prof. Mitra and Prof. Kim partnering with Oak Ridge National Laboratory received a highly competitive award New Frontiers in Research Fund-Exploration 2019. We look very much forward to our ambitious exciting collaboration!
- 5/21/2019: Welcome Steven from New York!
- 5/6/2019: Welcome Marko Pejic, Haien Ma and Elijah Flores to the QuIN-Lab. Let’s make this term meaningful in our academic lives.
- 5/1/2019: Welcome Dr. Daniel D. Kang to the QuIN-Lab.
- 2/14/2019: Our new paper to generate biphotons in solid-state systems is published in JOSA B.
- 2/11/2019: Our group paper is published in Jap. J. Appl. Phys..
- 1/8/2019: Our first group paper is published in Phys. Rev. B. Congratulations, Haining for your hard, persistent work and all other co-authors!
- 1/1/2019: Welcome Dr. Taehyun Yoon to the QuIN-Lab. Let’s have great work together!
- 12/31/2018: AJ received CMC -Fab Award. Congrats AJ on your successful application, and thank CMC for generous support!
- 12/27/2018: Prof. Kim gave a Seminar at KAIST. Good to see you again, EunGook, and thank you for your wonderful host and excellent lab tours with your wonderful colleagues!
- 10/29/2018: Dr. Susan Clark from Sandia National Laboratory gave an IQC colloquium. Susan, thanks for your wonderful colloquium and awesome visit with us!
- 9/27-9/28/2018: Prof. Wolfgang Ketterle gave Quantum Frontiers Distinguished Lectures. Thank you, Wolfgang for visiting us and sharing your inspiring and encouraging moments with us.
- 9/21/2018: HeeBong received CMC -Fab Award. Congrats HeeBong on your successful application, and thank CMC for generous support!
- 9/1/2018: Welcome AJ Malcolm to the QuIN-Lab. Great to have you!
- 5/22/2018: Welcome Nina Brown to the QuIN-Lab.
- 3/26-3/29/2018: TERAMETANANO3 in Uxmal, Mexico as our first group trip. Thank you, Tim Liew for inviting.
- 1/10/2018: Mats received CMC -Fab Award. Congrats Mats on your successful application, and thank CMC for generous support!
- 1/1/2018: Welcome HeeBong to the QuIN-Lab. Let’s have great work together!
- 12/8/2017: Prof. Kim gave a CQIQC Quantum Optics and Condensed Matter Physics Seminar at University of Toronto. Thank you, Aephraim, for hosting my visit and excellent visit with exciting interactions!
- 10/18/2017: Prof. Kim gave a seminar at Pohang University of Science and Technology. Yoon-Ho, thank you for your kind invitation, our discussions about quantum physics and beautiful lab tours.
- 10/17/2017: Prof. Kim visited Center for correlated electron systems at Seoul National University, giving a seminar. Prof. Park, thank you for wonderful host, interesting discussions and advice.
- 10/12/2017: Prof. Choi (PI), Prof. Kim (co-PI) and three other IQC Co-PIs are awarded Innovation Fund from the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) to build photonic quantum circuits. Kyung, thank you for the leadership and CFI, thank you for the generous support!
- 10/12/2017: Prof. Wong (PI), Prof. Kim (co-PI) and eight other Co-PIs are awarded CFI’s Innovation Fund from the Canada Foundation to support our FAST program (Facility for Functionally Advanced Sensor Technology).
- 10/10/2017: Prof. Kim gave a seminar at University of Tokyo. Yoshioka san, thank you for your kind host and invitation.
- 9/18/2017: Prof. Kim visited McMaster University, giving a seminar at the Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research. Thank you for beautiful campus, awesome facilities and colleagues.
- 9/8/2017: Prof. Baugh (PI) and Prof. Kim (Co-PI) won NSERC Research Tools and Instruments competition.
- 9/8/2017: Prof. Kim won NSERC Discovery Research Grants Individual Category. Thank you, NSERC.
- 9/1/2017: Mats won NSERC Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s Program. Congratulations, Mats!
- 8/20/2017: Prof. Kim gave her tutorial talk about Beauty and Wonder of Microcavity Exciton-Polaritons: Past, Present, and Future at the 18th Canadian Semiconductor Science and Technology Conference at University of Waterloo. Zbig and Dayan, thank you for great conference and invitation!
- 8/19/2017: Mats debuted as a researcher, presenting his poster at the 18th Canadian Semiconductor Science and Technology Conference at University of Waterloo. Welcome to our research community, Mats!
- 7/19/2017: Prof. Kim presented the research talk in the Spontaneous Coherence and Collective Dynamics workshop at Telluride Science Research Center. Carlos and Eric, thank you for the wonderful workshop and kind invitation.
- 6/29/2017: Mats and Prof. Kim ran the first cool-down of our new cryostat, which went well.
- 6/8/2017: Prof. Kim led the quantum Hall effect laboratory experimental session to 2017 USEQIP students. Thank you, Francois and George for our great, successful team-work to offer undergraduate students to run the beautiful quantum Hall measurements and their data analysis.
- 6/1/2017: Prof. Kim received Quantum Quest Seed Fund from Transformative Quantum Technologies, Canada First Research Excellence Fund. Thank TQT and CFREF.
- 5/29/2017-6/1/2017: Prof. Kim presented the invited talk at 2017 CAP Congress in Queen’s college, Kingston, ON. Thank you, Paul Barclay for inviting me and organizing the wonderful AMO physics sessions.
- 5/7/2017: Prof. Kim won Ontario’s Early Researcher Awards. Thank the Government of Ontario for the generous support!
- 5/3/2017: Our pulsed laser is installed in the lab. The first fs-lasing signal. More excitement will come. Thank you, Michael from Newport for installing the lasers in our lab.
- 4/28/2017: Good luck to all undergraduate members, who returned to the study term in Spring!
- 1/5/2017: First cool-down by Mats and Prof. Kim in the Optics lab. ! What a good start of the Year 2017 in the first week of January.
- 1/3/2017: A new equipment is in the fume hood. Thanks Michael for setting this up!
- 1/2/2017: Welcome Hillman Leung, Lauren Meadowcroft, Dean Stipanic, and Derek Zeng to join the QuIN Lab! Welcome back, Mats, Michael and Jonathan from holidays.
- 12/23/2016: Good luck, Hayden and Wentao, who returned to the study term!
- 12/15/2016: Our Chem/Elec Lab is almost at full swing. Thanks, Michael for your hard work.
- 11/15/2016: Finally we installed our spectrometer, which works well now.
- 10/7/2016: Haining returned to China after 5-week intense hard work with us. Thanks for all your hard work and let’s keep in touch for our continuous collaboration.
- 10/6/2016: Happy Thanksgiving to all QuIN members! We had great group Thanksgiving lunch and Haining’s Farewell party.
- 9/15/2016: Our beautiful M2 Laser was installed and running well! Way to go, Team!
- 9/8/2016: We started organized the labs, and our glove box was installed by Michael, Mats, Hayden, Haining and Wentao. Looks great, and thank you all for the hard work!
- 9/5/2016: Welcome All, Hayden Jones, Michael Mierzejewski, Wentao Yang, Jonathan Wu. Let’s have a great term altogether to do exciting research.
- 9/2/2016: Mats Powlowski received the Richard and Elizabeth Madter Graduate Entrance Scholarship in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Congrats, Mats!
- 9/2/2016: Welcome Mats Powlowski, Haining Pan to join the QuIN Lab.
- 8/29/2016: Our optical enclosures were assembled with the help of the Plant-Ops. Thank you, Rick for all your hard work!
- 8/17/2016: After successful hard-working summer summer, Dennis Feng returned back to UC Berkeley in his senior year. Good Luck, Dennis!
- 7/23/2016: Prof. Kim delivered an invited talk at 2016 Seoul Conference on Frontiers in Quantum Information Science. Thank the organizers Prof. Jaewan Kim and Prof. Jungsang Kim for inviting me to the wonderful conference!
- 7/15/2016: Our optical Tables were installed in the Optics Lab!
- 7/12/2016: Our Millwork arrived in the Chem/Elec Lab. and the Optics Lab is ready for the optical table. We are close to the end of the renovation finally.
- 7/5/2016: Prof. Kim delivered her presentation at the WIN-Cambridge Workshop 2016 at Cambridge, UK. Thank Prof. Arokia Nathan and Prof. Carty for hosting and organizing the wonderful workshop! I look forward to our collaboration.
- 5/23/2016: Dennis Feng from UC Berkeley joined the QuIN Lab. Welcome Dennis!
- 5/17/2016: The Chem/Elec Lab renovation is almost finished to receive the Millwork. Looking forward to moving in soon.
- 3/23/2016: Prof. Kim arrived IQC and kicked off the QuIN Lab.